Pic(k) of the week 24: DUBAI MARINA AERIAL - Fujifilm X-T20 and XF18-55 lens

When I arrived in Dubai 15 years ago, work at Dubai Marina was just about to start with the digging of the 3.5 km long U-shaped Marina. Today it houses over 100.000 people in more than 100 high-rise buildings of which some are over 400m (1300ft) tall. 

The aerial image below, also shows the runway of Skydive Dubai in the foreground; a large popular parachuting center right in front of Dubai Marina on a small man-made island. 


Image detail:
  • Fujifilm X-T20 with the XF18-55 lens
  • ISO 200, f5.6, 1/1400s, 21mm (32mm full frame equivalent)
  • RAW development in Iridient Developer 3.1.4
I haven't used Iridient Developer for my RAW development in a while, as I'm normally OK with the way Lightroom develops the file. I do however see still a little bit better results in images that have a lot of detail in it. 

More of my aerial photography can be found here


Remember: "The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo" - Desmond Morris.


BJORN


Comments