Pic(k) of the week 30: C A M E L R O A D, U.A.E.

Since I received my preproduction Fujifilm X-T2 end of April 2016, I've accumulated a backlog of unpublished images... Given the UAE landscape photography scene is at its yearly low due to the soaring humidity and temperatures, it is a perfect time to start releasing them!

Todays Pic(k) of the week, is an image shot while on a road trip in the central part of the UAE a few months ago. I had been looking for interesting photo opportunities for most of the day, when I eventually decided to head back home without any keeper images...

That was until I saw a group of camels coming out of the desert and taking a left onto the road towards me. The sun was setting on my right hand side and provided me with some dramatic evening light. Right place, right time, I guess!


Image details:

  • Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF100-400 lens
  • ISO 200, 1/280s, f7.1, 347mm (521mm full frame equivalent)
  • Lightroom CC for RAW file development
  • Nik ColorEfex Pro with Pro Contrast and Brilliance and Warmth filters

I'm really enjoying shooting the XF 100-400 lens together with the latest X-series body (X-T2); especially with the Power Booster (Battery grip), it makes for a great duo!

For the ones that missed it, my two part X-T2 first look review can be found here:


More images of the Nature of the UAE, can be found here.

Remember, "One camel does not make fun of the other camel's hump" - 

Comments