Pic(k) of the week 44: Autumn in New York

When I left for a short 36 hr trip to New York a few days ago, I had planned to do some fall foliage photography in Central Park NYC. After having done some online research, I was hopeful that the leaves would already be colourful enough, to do some fall colour photography.

Autumn is without doubt my favourite season for landscape photography. Especially since there is absolutely no fall foliage in Dubai!

I did come home with a few keeper shots even though the peak fall season is probably still a few weeks away...

2013 Pic(k) of the week 44: Autumn in New Yorkg

Image details:
Fujifilm X-E1 (alias Sexy-1) with the 14mm 2.8 Fujinon lens
ISO200, 14mm (21mm full frame equivalent), f11
Exposure bracketing with varying shutter speeds between 1/4s and 1/420s
RAW development in Lightroom 5.2
Merge to 32 bit HDR file in Photomatix 
Nik ColorEfex for contrast and detail enhancement

In two weeks time, I will be off to New Zealand for a second 16 day photo-flying adventure. Right now it looks like I'll do the trip with a single camera only, my favourite travel camera - the Fujifilm X-E1.

Remember, " Autumn is a second spring, when every leave is a flower" - Albert Camus

BJORN

Comments