Pic(k) of the week 2013: Bridge to a New Year

On the second day of 2013, I want to wish my blog readers, who now come from 86 different countries, a wonderful New Year full of joy and happiness! 

What started as a 2010 New Year resolution, became my yearly Pic(k) of the week series; a weekly blog series in which I share an image with a brief explanation of the shooting conditions. Although these photographs are not necessarily my best ones, they are often the ones that resonate with me the most. Over the 156 past weeks they have been an inspiration to make new images and be creative!


2013 Pic(k) of the week 1: Bridge to a New Year, 2013

The image above of the footbridge at the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) was shot with the compact FujiFilm X-E1. A camera which has proven to be very useful in anti-photography areas like DIFC where one would not make a chance with a pro-size DSLR. Using a mirror-less like the X-E1 with a small tripod seems to be just fine. 

Image details:
FujiFilm X-E1 (Sexy-1)
ISO1600, f5.6, 27mm, 1/18s
RAW development Lightroom 4.3
ColorEfex Pro for contrast/detail adjustment

Later that night I shot some more night architectural images of the area, which can be found here.

As a yearly habit early January, I will be reflecting on my 2012 photographic work with a new blogpost somewhere next weeks.

Remember, "Think in terms of the day's resolutions not the year's"- Henry Moore

BJORN


Follow me on:







Comments