Pic(k) of the week 38: Diving for survival

Last night I got back from another quick 24 hour visit to Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam), I managed to do a bit of Black and White Street photography. Trying to document the daily life in "Saigon" (old name for Ho CHi Minh), I've learned to always have the camera ready for that decisive moment...

2012 Pic(k) of the week 37: Diving for survival

While my taxi-driver was trying to make his way through the busy traffic, I saw somebody diving into a waste container. Without wanting to be disrespectful, I felt this was a shot not to be missed! 

In Vietnam and a lot of other countries, many people try to make a living by collecting used plastic bottles and other materials that can be recycled. It is at times like this, that I feel how fortunate some of us are... Respect! 

Image details:
Nikon D800 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO400, 58mm, f 3.2, 1/320s
RAW development with Lightroom 4.1
Nik ColorEfex 4 for contrast adjustment
Nik SilverEfex 2 for Black & White

Please make sure that you check out more of the images in my " Ho Chi Minh" gallery.

Time to pack again and spent 24hrs in Kolkata, India!  

Remember; " A rich man is just a poor man with money" - W.C. Fields

Comments