Pic(k) of the week 27: Waiting for the Tour de France

It is this time of the year again... For the next few months, outdoor photography in Dubai will become close to impossible. As I write this mid-Summer temperatures are soaring well over 45C!

A perfect moment to reflect on the past and look forward to the future! 

2012 Pic(k) of the week 27: Waiting for the Tour de France

Past: Just one year ago, I spend some time in the French Pyrenees on a mixed, para-gliding course / photo-tour. Today I reworked the 5 shot HDR (High Dynamic Range) image above of a half open road tunnel, shot on the descent from the "Col du Tourmalet". One of the more famous "Cols" in the reknown bicycle race, "Tour de France'. Next week the worlds top cyclists will be screaming down this exact place at speeds over 100km/h!

Future: I've spend the last few days planning my next photographic adventure. End of July, I should be leaving on a weeklong landscape photography trip to the beautiful North European island country of Iceland! The trip will be called: " Iceland, Land of Fire and Ice". More in August! Even though the landscape is different, the images made last year in France make me think of my upcoming tour to Iceland!

I enjoy going back to older images in order to see how I can make them more interesting with the latest versions of my photo-editing tools. Contrary to some other photographers, I do really enjoy the editing which to me makes part of the whole artistic process.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with 14-24 2.8 Nikkor lens
ISO400, f5, 14mm, varying shutterspeed for a 5 shot HDR
RAW development in LR4
HDR processing with Photomatix 4
Nik ColorEfex Pro for contrast optimization 

Wherever you are have a great weekend,

BJORN
Follow me on:

Comments