Pic(k) of the week 24: Lava tree

While away in the South of Spain last month, I was amazed by the number of large trees in parks and streets. Ten years ago this would have gone un-noticed, but since being in Dubai, I've really started appreciating nature at its best! Especially if you realize some of these trees were there pre World War II, even WW I. Isn't this amazing?

2011 Pic(k) of the week 24: Lava tree
Probably influenced by the recent volcanic eruptions in Iceland and Chile, the image above makes me think of the rivers of lava flowing off a volcano... 

Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO 400, f11, 40mm, 1/250s
RAW development in LR3
Black & White conversion with Nik SilverEfex

Don't take picture, make pictures!
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


Comments