Getting close at Munich!

Last weekend was spent in the German capital of Bavaria, Munich. My camera bag for the trip was very light; one Nikon D7000 body and a single lens, the Nikkor 105 2.8 VR Micro, one of Nikon's best macro lenses. Probably worth mentioning is that Nikon brands all their Macro lenses as Micro's. 

Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
Even though I do not call myself a macro photographer, I do enjoy having a close-up look at nature. 

Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
A visit to the Munich Botanic Garden would give me plenty of opportunity... 

Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
The tulip season is slowly coming to an end, but still make for a nice painterly image.

Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
Beside the beautiful gardens outside, there is also a large variety of plants in temperature controlled rooms, like cacti and these fat plants above,

Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
or a full selection of palms.

Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
This detailed shot of a leave almost looks like the skin of a reptile...


Botanic garden Munich, Germany May 2011
For more of my Macro and Close-up photography work, click here.

Click that shutter,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter












Comments