Pic(k) of the week 15: A round triangle building

Last Wednesday I was down in Abu Dhabi for an architectural client shoot of the Aldar Head Quarters (HQ) at Al Raha beach. Even though I've been a regular visitor to the site, it was the first time I photographed the finished building. 

2011 Pic(k) of the week 15: Round triangle building
The 110m unique round design, consists of a steel structure with hundreds of glass triangles. Because of the special shape, most triangles have a slightly different dimension, which made it a very interesting engineering project. Even National Geographic made a documentary on the Aldar HQ wind tunnel tests and a short video of it can be found here.

Some of my earlier images of the Aldar HQ building process can be found here.
While a second gallery shows part of this weeks shoot.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8
RAW file development with LR3
Nik SilverEfex for Black & White conversion, using a slight chocolate tone

Click that shutter,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


Comments

Stephen8 said…
Great informative site. I'm really impressed after reading this blog post. I really appreciate the time and effort you spend to share this with us!

Al Raha Gardens Abu Dhabi