Pic(k) of the week 11: Old Venice

If it wasn't for the "modern" boats in the image, one could easily think it was made in 1855! 


Pic(k) of the week 11: Old Venice
Well, it obviously was not... While I was in Venice for the 2011 Carnival last week, I made the image above of Piazza San Marco from one of the Vaporetta.


Originally shot in color, I  then applied an antique look in post-processing using Nik Software SilverEfex Pro. I'm pretty happy with the old feel of the image, largely due to the amount of film grain in the photograph.


Image details:
Nikon D700, Nikkor 70-200 2.8
ISO 200, 155mm, f 9.0, 1/200s
RAW developed with Lightroom 3
Nik SilverEfex Pro for the Black & White conversion


Over the years, I have collected quite a few travel images of the amazing city of Venice and its neighboring islands. These can be found here.


Click that shutter,
BJORN


Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Comments