Pic(k) of the week 42: Looking at Dubai

Earlier this week, friends in Dubai, invited me for a sunset boat-trip. Thanks Frank and Iris! Needless to say, I didn't say no... The weather had just turned from Summer to Fall, no falling leaves however, and the visibility was great!

Every time, I go out there, I'm confronted with the fact how much Dubai has changed over the years. When I arrived here over 8 years ago, half of the buildings on the image below were not there. Twenty years ago there were only a handful, while less than thirty years ago, there was only the little Trade center building on the left. Amazing!

Pic(k) of the week 42: Looking at Dubai
I like how the wake of the boat, leads to the skyline. Just a small heading change by skipper Frank and I was done!

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8 lens
ISO 200, 62mm, f6.3, 1/800s
Lightroom 3 RAW processing

Beside this image, I shot few more skyline panoramas, multiple images (4 to 6 shot vertical) stitched together in Photoshop. Click here for more.

More of my Namibia -The Beauty and the Beasts- images should be online in 36hrs.

Remember that following this blog is made very easy by clicking like on this Facebook page.

Take that lens-cap off,
BJORN

Comments