Pic(k) of the week 19: Catch of the day

A few days ago, I went to one of my favorite people shooting places in Dubai, "Deira fish market". 
It is a  buzzing daily market selling mostly fish and seafood but also a good collection of fruit and vegetables. 

The vendors who mostly come from the subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh...), are always happy to pose with their biggest catch of the day! This time I made some 4x6 prints from my previous shoot there and distributed them to the people working there. What a delight to watch all these happy faces...

Image details:
Nikon D700, 24-70 2.8
ISO 1600, 58mm, f 7.1, 1/50sec
Lightroom 2 RAW conversion 
Converted to Black & White with Nik SilferEfex 

It looks like I'll be delivering the next batch of 4x6's to the fish-market guys in the coming weeks...  a tradition  to keep up with!
To see some of these images visit the Dubai Daily Life gallery.

Interested in following me on Facebook or Twitter

Happy shooting,
BJORN 

Comments

JK said…
nother nice capture bjorn..too good!!if u dont mind ..next time when u are out for people shoot in dubai please let me know so that I can meet the master and get some tips..