Pic(k) of the week 13: Two sisters

Inspired by David J Nightingale's photo-workshop organized by Gulf Photo Plus (GPP) earlier this month in Dubai, I went out to Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) to shoot some Black-White HDR photography. Unfortunately I was not able to make it to David's workshop but I've seen quite a few interesting images by two fellow Dubai photographers, Escapism and Momentary Awe. Please have a look at their excellent work!
The business center of Dubai is an Architectural photographer's paradise. No wonder David took his students out there! From DIFC, one has great views on Emirates towers, a 355m office tower and a 309m hotel. When I arrived in Dubai 8 years ago, they where one of the newest Architectural wonders of Dubai and reminded me of two sisters. Today they are still in my top 3 of the best modern Architecture in the city.

Image details:
Nikon D700 with 24-70 2.8
3 shot HDR, -2EV, 0EV,+2EV
ISO 200, 24mm, f 7,1
Photomatix conversion for HDR, Perspective correction with PS CS4 and then Nik Silver Efex Pro for Black & White conversion

This post is one day early, but I'm leaving on a photo-trip to India right now and should be coming back with interesting shots on April 4th.

Till then,
Happy shooting,
BJORN

Comments